Local Activities, Let Your Spirit Go Wild...
From beaches, forests and waterfall rock pools to adrenalin activities and animal sanctuaries, there is overwhelming array of things to do and see in and around Wild Spirit Backpackers Lodge. Our hosting crew is always happy to offer advice and share our knowledge of this beautiful area with you. Whether you spend one night or one week with us, we will help you orientate yourself to the possibilities and organise your time so as to make the most of your stay. Even if on a tight budget, there is plenty to keep you happy, busy and wildly inspired!
The Garden Route's Indian Ocean coastline features some of the most pristine beaches in the world.
- Nature's Valley Beach and Lagoon: Our beloved local beach hugs a secluded little bay of sparkling turquoise sea water. The white sands invite one to simply be in the moment. Relax. Explore. Build sand castles. With great surfing at sunrise, shady spots amongst the dune vegetation for picnics at mid-day, or romantic sunset walks, this beach is one of South Africa’s best kept secrets.
- Keurbooms Beach: Located 20km west of Nature's Valley. A long stretch of uninterrupted beautiful white sand with a few cafes and restaurants.
- Plettenberg Bay: The beaches of this popular resort town are a 20 minute drive from Wild Spirit. There are plenty of restaurants and shops in town and water sports facilities on the seafront.
Putting your feet up at Wild Spirit Lodge
Wild Spirit is the perfect location for fun, peaceful contemplation, creative inspiration and gentle respite from the rigours of travelling.
- Health and Well-being: We have a fully equipped yoga, meditation, massage and dance space where regular classes and workshops are taught by travelling yogis and resident teachers.
- Sundowners in a tree: Our tree-house deck is the perfect place to salute the setting sun with birds and good company and usually a guitar or two.
- Under the Moon and the Stars: There is always a fire burning at Wild Spirit. Relax with a drink and share the experiences of your day with new friends.
- Music and Dance: We host regular live music events at Wild Spirit including our annual High on Life New Years Eve Music festival – a truly special experience in ‘Conscious Play’ - not to be missed! Dijembe drums, guitars and a piano are also on offer for ‘Sing for your Supper’ and Open Mike nights.
- Getting Wet: Take a refreshing dip in our Eco pool or the 80m high forest waterfall.
- Rainy Days and our Concious Library: Borrow a book and find a cosy corner to cuddle up with a cat or some friends and a board game.
- Arts and Crafts: Jewellery making lessons are available for guests in our on-site arts and crafts shop.