Local Activities, Let Your Spirit Go Wild...
From beaches, forests and waterfall rock pools to adrenalin activities and animal sanctuaries, there is overwhelming array of things to do and see in and around Wild Spirit Backpackers Lodge. Our hosting crew is always happy to offer advice and share our knowledge of this beautiful area with you. Whether you spend one night or one week with us, we will help you orientate yourself to the possibilities and organise your time so as to make the most of your stay. Even if on a tight budget, there is plenty to keep you happy, busy and wildly inspired!
Arts, Crafts, Food and Shopping.
- The Mill Centre located down the road from Wild Spirit The Mill Centre hosts a diverse collection of local craft shops and art galleries. Here you can purchase locally produced products that directly support the economy and creativity of our communities. To occupy the kids there is also a friendly family of Angora goats on site and an adventure playground.
- Langa Lapu sells beautiful hand-dyed earthy fabrics and funky clothes from local designers.
- Women on the Move is a group of entrepreneurial unemployed, but talented, women living in Kurland Village utilising their skills to produce and sell hand-crafted items to provide a secure living for their families.
- Porcupine Ceramics produces a wide range of stunning Raku ware and offers informative tours of their factory.
- The Mill Mohair is collection of Karoo Mohair products is designed and manufactured locally and includes blankets, clothing and a huge variety of other practical and decorative items available in various weaves and designs.
Eating Out & Provisions
- The Peppermill Cafe serves delicious fusion-style, reasonably priced lunches in a relaxed setting. Famous for their award-winning chocolate cake, this restaurant is conveniently located at The Mill Centre on the same road as the local animal sanctuaries, making it a great place for a mid-day lunch or coffee break.
- Bramon Wine Estate is a real treat! The restaurant is nestled between the grape vines with beautiful mountain views. Gorgeous tapas style lunches complement the selection of local wines produced on site. A real treat!
- Nature's Way Farm Stall and their herd of friendly dairy cows are located just 10 minutes walk up the road. They stock a fantastic variety of locally made cheese, bread, cakes, preserves, wine, fresh fruit and vegetables, local crafts and the best home-made ice cream in South Africa! The perfect place to gather a picnic lunch for a day hike or a luncheon on our lawn!
- Petrol stations and 2 small convenience stores are located on the N2 near Kurland just 5 minutes drive from Wild Spirit. The nearest supermarkets can be found in nearby Plettenberg Bay as well as a huge variety of places to eat out.